Hyatt Hotels Fund for Minority Lodging Management Students
|In 1988, Hyatt established this fund to provide financial aid to minority students pursing a degree in hotel management. Since 1988, approximately 294 minority students have received $588,000 through this scholarship.
- Enrolled in at least 12 credit hours for upcoming fall and spring semesters, or just the Fall semester if graduating this December.
- Undergraduate hospitality management major.
- At least a junior in a four-year program for the 2013 fall semester.
- The competition is open to minority students: African-American, Hispanic, American Indian or Alaskan Native, and Asian or Pacific Islander.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident.
Scholarship winners receive a $2,000 award and plaque. In 2012, a total of 19 scholarships were awarded.
Hyatt Scholarships are Self-Nominated, which means students do not have to attend a particular school or be nominated by their respective schools. Applicants must complete all sections of the AH&LEF Scholarship Application. AH&LEF academic scholarship applications are only accepted from January 1 to May 1 each year. Please note that any applications received from May 2 through December 31 will not be reviewed because the information provided will be outdated for the next school year.
Click here to view the list of 2012 Hyatt Scholarship recipients.
"This scholarship relieves financial burden for my parents as it covers tuition for my final year as an undergraduate student at New York University. I was thrilled to learn of my selection for this honor and I am deeply appreciative of your support. Thank you for being part of my academic and professional journey in this industry."
New York University
2012 Hyatt Hotels for Minority Lodging Students Scholar