Video Testimonial Contest
Has winning an AH&LEF scholarship helped you? We certainly hope so and we would love for you to tell us how. We are inviting our current and previous scholarship recipients to submit a video testimonial so that we can share it with our donors, potential donors, and the entire industry. You represent one of the industry’s brightest upcoming stars and this is your opportunity to really shine on a national platform in front of our industry’s most influential CEOs and executives. Your testimonial will show our donors the impact that AH&LEF’s scholarships have made and help promote the importance of giving back to the industry.
The winners will receive:
• Grand Prize: $1,500 • Runner-Up: $500
Eligibility: Anyone who has been awarded a scholarship from AH&LEF. Only one entry per recipient will be considered.
How to Enter: Entrants must submit the following to be considered in the contest:
• Registration. Entrants will be asked to complete a registration form and sign a release. You must sign these forms by hand. Scan and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to the following address:
AH&LEF Video Contest
1201 New York Ave., NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20005
Videos submitted without proper documentation by the deadline date will not be reviewed!
• Video. Here’s how to upload your video:
- Go to http://j.mp/14IoZwh. You may have to accept EntourageBox’s terms of service agreement.
- Click “Add Files”
- This step is important! Name your video file in this format: “[LAST NAME, FIRST NAME] Video Contest 2013.” If we don’t know who uploaded the videos, how can we tell you you’ve won? For example, if your name is Jane Smith, your video will be named “Smith, Jane Video Contest 2013.”
- Click “Start Upload”
- Be patient! Your video may take some time to upload.
- That’s it!
Submit your video on or before October 1, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Entries will also be accepted via regular mail on a DVD if postmarked by the deadline date. All submissions will become the property of AH&LEF.
Video Guidelines: Your testimonial video should follow these guidelines:
- All submissions must be no more than 120 seconds in total length.
- The most important question to answer in the video is:
- What did being awarded an AH&LEF scholarship mean to you, and how has it helped you achieve your goals?
- Although it’s not a requirement, you can mention the specific name of your scholarship. AH&LEF administers more than 15 different named-scholarship funds. Your official AH&LEF notification letter and scholarship certificate specify which named fund you received monies from. If you would like to include the specific scholarship name and are not sure of the fund name, please contact us for clarification.
- The video should be shot in color.
- Any clothing worn in the submitted video should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third- party property, unless you have permission.
- Entrants who do not provide written documentation of all necessary rights and permissions for music, images, video clips, and any and all other non-original aspects of their entry will be disqualified.
Judging & Awards: Entries will be judged on aesthetic presentation, creativity, and audience appeal. A panel of judges will make the final selection of winners. Judges’ decisions are final. All prizes need not be awarded. Winning entrants will be required to complete and submit a W-9 Request for Tax Payer Identification and Certification before cash prizes can be awarded.
Official Rules: All Entrants must review and agree to be bound by the Contest’s Official Rules.
Questions? Contact Kelsey Allagood at 202-289-3139 or email@example.com.