Watch the Winner and Runner-up's videos here!
Brightest Stars Video Testimonial Contest
Has winning an AHLEF scholarship helped you? We certainly hope so and we would love for you to tell us how. We are inviting our current and previous scholarship recipients to submit a video testimonial so that we can share it with our donors, potential donors, and the entire industry. You represent one of the industry's brightest upcoming stars and this is your opportunity to really shine on a national platform in front of our industry's most influential CEOs and executives. Your testimonial will show our donors the impact that AHLEF's scholarships have made and help promote the importance of giving back to the industry.
What You Win:
- Grand Prize: $1,500 « Runner-Up: $500
Eligibility: Anyone who has been awarded a scholarship from AHLEF. Only one entry per recipient will be considered.
How to Enter: Entrants must submit the following to be considered in the contest:
1. Complete the registration form and sign the release (linked below). You must sign these forms by hand. Scan and email them to Alexandra at email@example.com, or mail to the following address:
AHLEF Video Contest
1250 I St., NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
2. Upload your video to CloudWok by
- Click "Add Files"
- This step is important! Name your video file in this format: "Last Name, First Name Video Contest 2016." If we don't know who uploaded the videos, how can we tell you you've won? For example, if your name is Jane Smith, your video will be named "Smith, Jane Video Contest 2016." - Click "Start Upload" - Be patient! Your video may take some time to upload. - That's it!
Submit your video on or before December 16, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Entries will also be accepted via regular mail on a DVD if postmarked by the deadline date. All submissions will become the property of AHLEF.
Video Guidelines: Your testimonial video should follow these guidelines:
- All submissions must be no more than 120 seconds in total length.
- The most important question to answer in the video is:
o What did being awarded an AH&LEF scholarship mean to you, and how has it helped you achieve your goals?
- Although it's not a requirement, you can mention the specific name of your scholarship. AH&LEF administers more than 15 different named-scholarship funds. Your official AH&LEF notification letter and scholarship certificate specify which named fund you received monies from. If you would like to include the specific scholarship name and are not sure of the fund name, please contact us for clarification.
- The video should be shot in color.
- Any clothing worn in the submitted video should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party property, unless you have permission.
- Entrants who do not provide written documentation of all necessary rights and permissions for music, images, video clips, and any and all other non-original aspects of their entry will be disqualified.
Judging & Awards:
- Entries will be judged on aesthetic presentation, creativity, and audience appeal. A panel of judges will make the final selection of winners. Judges' decisions are final. All prizes need not be awarded.
- Winning entrants will be required to complete and submit a W-9 Request for Tax Payer Identification and Certification before cash prizes can be awarded.
Official Rules: All Entrants must review and agree to be bound by the Contest's Official Rules (below).
Questions? Contact Alexandra Hill at 202-289-3138 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Q. What are you looking for in a video entry?
A. Above all, sincerity. We're not looking to be wowed with special effects. We want to show off the most important part of our work: YOU. A sincere message will go much further than anything else. (Do be aware of lighting and sound, though--we want to be able to actually see and hear you!)
Q. Where are the winning videos shown?
A. Last year, the winning videos were shown at the annual board meetings for both AH&LEF and the American Hotel & Lodging Association. That's a lot of high-profile hoteliers who will be listening to you, so show us what you've got! Additionally, the videos are posted on our website and YouTube channel.
Q. I entered a video last year. Can I reenter in the contest this year?
A. You are absolutely encouraged to enter again, but please don't reuse your video from last year!
Q. Do I have to get a release form signed by everyone shown in my video?
A. You must have a release form for every identifiable person featured prominently in your video. For example, if you're shown handing a set of room keys to a guest whose back is to the camera, you do not need a release form (though it would probably be nice to ask if you could film him or her). However, if your friend, professor, or coworker is in your video talking about how great you are, you will need an additional release form.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or (202) 289-3138.