The Annual Giving Campaign solicits unrestricted contributions on an annual basis to provide ongoing support for AHLEF and its programs. Through this campaign, the lodging industry provides much-needed support to students who have chosen hospitality as their career of choice, as well as funds important research to benefit our industry.
All contributions are tax-deductible.
To donate by mail, print the
campaign brochure and donation form
and send to:
American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation
ANNUAL GIVING CAMPAIGN
1250 Eye St., NW
Washington, DC 20005
Questions? Please contact Michelle Poinelli at (202) 289-3181 or
Here's What Your Dollars Support
Watch a brief video about the annual giving campaign and its benefits to young hoteliers
As a result of industry support, AHLEF disbursed approximately $1.45 million last year on programs like the following:
- Awarded a record $849,500 in scholarships to 383 promising students earning hospitality management degrees and hotel employees for professional certification and distance learning.
- Funded more than $300,000 in grants to provide essential data that will be used to better represent the lodging industry and help educate consumers. Eight proposals were funded in areas such as:
- quantifying the economic impact of the U.S. hotel industry,
- analyzing short-term online rentals in the U.S.,
- documenting the impact of lodging tax increases,
- determing the number of hotel owners that are actually small businesses.
- evaluating how millennials are impacting work and work environments in the hotel industry, and
- minimizing any negative impact to possible changes to ADA and accessibility requirements for commercial facilities.
- Awarded more than 7,000 certification credentials to students enrolled in the Foundation's high school and workforce initiatives.
Skills, Tasks, and Results Training (START)
in 358 workforce training locations and high schools, which provides students entry-level skills into the lodging industry.
- Provided funding for the high school curriculum, the Hospitality and Tourism Management Program (HTMP), which is offered in 518 high schools and introduces juniors and seniors to the lodging industry.
A Who's Who of the Industry's Most Progressive Leaders
Is your name on the LIST?
Annual Giving Donor Recognition
Here is what you get when you give:
- Listing on AHLEF's Website
Two & Three Diamond - Donors of $100 and higher receive:
- Recognition in AHLEF's
- Donor List displayed in auction booth at HX: THe Hotel Experience
Four Diamond - Donors of $1,000 and higher receive:
- Inclusion in Donor List running continuously on AHLEF's site, including link to company website
Five Diamond - Donors of $2,500 and higher receive:
Six Diamond - Donors of $5,000 and higher receive:
- Media Recognition through an individual press release
Leadership Gifts of $10,000 and higher receive:
- Company logo is prominently displayed on
and on all AHLEF's web pages