The Annual Giving Campaign solicits unrestricted contributions on an annual basis to provide ongoing support for AHLEF and its programs. Through this campaign, the lodging industry provides much-needed support to students who have chosen hospitality as their career of choice, as well as funds important research to benefit our industry.
All contributions are tax-deductible.
To donate by mail, print the
campaign brochure and donation form
and send to:
American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation
ANNUAL GIVING CAMPAIGN
1250 Eye St., NW
Washington, DC 20005
Questions? Please contact Michelle Poinelli at (202) 289-3181 or
Here's What Your Dollars Support
As a result of industry support, AHLEF disbursed approximately $1.25 million last year on programs like the following:
- Awarded a record $730,000 in scholarships to 380 promising students earning hospitality management degrees and hotel employees for professional certification and distance learning.
- Funded almost $300,000 in grants to provide essential data that will be used to better represent the lodging industry and help educate consumers. Six proposals were funded in areas such as:
- evaluating the economic impact of short-term online rentals in the 10 largest cities in the U.S.,
- compiling the lodging tax rates around the country and documenting the effects of dramatic increases on several cities,
- determining the number of hotels that are actually small businesses,
- surveying mayors nationwide regarding the impact the hotel industry has on their cities and communities,
- documenting and analyzing the extent to which short-term online rental companies and property owners are willing and/or able to accommodate disabled guests, and
- conducting one of the most comprehensive surveys in the industry, which collects information on hotel services, facilities, and amenities.
Skills, Tasks, and Results Training (START)
in 358 workforce training locations and high schools, which provides students entry-level skills into the lodging industry.
- Provided funding for the high school curriculum, the Hospitality and Tourism Management Program (HTMP), which is offered in 518 high schools and introduces juniors and seniors to the lodging industry.
A Who's Who of the Industry's Most Progressive Leaders
Is your name on the LIST?
Annual Giving Donor Recognition
Here is what you get when you give:
- Listing on AHLEF's Website
- AHLA Allied Members can use a joint AHLA/AHLEF Donor logo on marketing materials
Two & Three Diamond - Donors of $100 and higher receive:
- Recognition in AHLA's
- Donor List displayed in auction booth at HX: THe Hotel Experience
- Recognition in published
Four Diamond - Donors of $1,000 and higher receive:
- Inclusion in Donor List running continuously on AHLEF's site, including link to company website
Five Diamond - Donors of $2,500 and higher receive:
Six Diamond - Donors of $5,000 and higher receive:
- Media Recognition through an individual press release
- Recognition in AHLA's Smart Brief
Leadership Gifts of $10,000 and higher receive:
- Company logo is prominently displayed on
and on all AHLEF's web pages
When your AHLA Allied business supports AHLEF, you join the ranks of industry insiders who care about lodging and know that giving back to the industry is the only way to ensure its future. You build true credibility with the leaders and companies your business serves. And you're on the radar screen for tomorrow's key decision-makers.